Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) literacy and skills are vital to the professional success of our children and the economic health of our nation. STEM learning during the school day is necessary but not sufficient for life-long STEM literacy. Afterschool and expanded learning programs contribute to the strength and diversity of the nation’s STEM workforce and therefore must be a key component of our nation’s STEM learning system. More than 500 municipal leaders surveyed by the National League of Cities ranked after-school programs among the most pressing needs for children in their communities, more households have working mothers, with the resulting need for a safe, wholesome place for children after schools. Recognizing the benefits accruable to the city of Miami Gardens from a well-articulated and executed After-School/Summer programs, the city mandated GLOBALTELL INC. to offer engaging instructional services in the domain of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Language Arts as well as Career Development, Service Learning, Leadership and Life Skills for 8 to 12-year olds and 13 to 17 year olds at two of its city parks: Myrtle Grove Park at 3030 NW 179th Street, Miami Gardens, FL 33156, and
Bennett Lifter Park, 2701 NW 22nd Avenue, Miami Gardens, FL 33056. Expected outcomes from these programs include:
• Robust opportunities for youth to explore their interests and creativity.
• Intentional integration of literacy and Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) to expose them to content and professions of the future.
• Age-appropriate programming that is hands-on, project-based and aligned with educational standards.
• Environments that support social and emotional learning.
• Strategies that support youth and families during critical educational transitions.
• Acquisition of critical life skills and connection to resources and approaches that breed academic and social success
Register for After-School STEM/Language Arts instruction and Homework assistance services at the city’s Bennett Lifter and Myrtle Grove Parks (or/and any other designated site) for 8 to 12-year olds and 13-17 year olds from January through May and August through December at $40 per week with sibling discounts, as applicable. This will involve hands-on training, and group interactions for program participants for an average of 17 hours per week during the regular academic session from 3:00-6:00 pm daily.